THIS IS A CONTRACT POSITION.
Dealogic is the market leader in providing solutions to Investment Banking, Capital Markets, Sales, Trading & Research and Institutional Investors.
Our mission is to enable the global capital markets to operate in the most effective and impactful way.
We do this by connecting investment banks and the buyside via our innovative and market leading solution, which integrates content, analytics and technology. Our platform is used by the world’s leading financial institutions.
Our people are smart, dedicated and passionate about what they do. Our organisation values of leadership, personal responsibility, connectedness and innovation make Dealogic a unique place to work.
HR aims to support the business achieve its strategic goals, partnering to create skilled leaders delivering outstanding results through exceptional teams.
The US HR team provides a range of HR services to support the People Strategy, covering the full spectrum of the employment cycle, (i.e. Resourcing & Recruitment, Rewards & Benefits, Wellbeing & Support, Policies & Procedures, Performance & Development, Employee Relations, Federal, State, and Local Employment Law, and Joiners & Leavers). It also manages some global activities and projects; and collaborates with global centers of expertise (e.g. Talent Management, Systems & Reward).
The HR Manager is a hands on operational management role and HRBP role for local managers.
Operationally, the role manages all HR transactional activity, covering the full spectrum of the employment cycle, for US employees, as well as a small satellite office in Sao Paulo, Brazil The role currently has one direct report: the HR Specialist, Payroll and Benefits. There is a US based recruiter who reports directly to the Head of Talent Acquisition. Together this group comprises the US HR team and must collaborate together to deliver a seamless HR service. Reporting in to the Head of HR, the role supports the execution of the global HR strategy and must be flexible in approach with the ability to align with global strategy.
The post holder also acts as the Regional HRBP to the local managers and a conduit with the Functional (global) HRBPs.
To succeed in the role, the post holder must be comfortable operating in a matrix environment; be a seasoned HR Generalist who can hit the ground running, with a particular strength in ER and employment law, and used to overseeing a full HR service.
• Work with functional / wider HRBP team and senior managers in your client base to align the delivery of the company and HR strategies and vision
• Act as trusted HR advisor for your client base supporting them with the full remit of HR matters
• Understand the wider company and HR strategies, plans and vision, supporting the delivery of initiatives around organization design, workforce planning, change management, cultural change, developing leadership capability, talent development and succession planning
• Work with and influence your clients to improve business performance and results by proactively identifying areas for improvement, people issues and trends; formulating solutions and facilitating change initiatives
• Provide leadership in the resolution of regional ER issues: performance management, restructures, staff reduction, and employment termination.
• Ensure all records are kept in line with employment law guidelines, and provide practical advice to line managers/individuals
• Assist line managers to address performance management issues (including monitoring performance improvement plans, capability and disciplinary actions, and terminations)
• Coach line managers on an individual basis on how to deal with complex employee issues
• Manage the full life cycle of ER cases
Reward & Benefits
• Lead on US employee benefits provision, liaising with Benefits Broker and third party suppliers, managing annual contractual arrangements and internal process accordingly
• Implement end of year salary and bonus review processes as required
• Process compensation and role related workflow requests on behalf of HR, advising and guiding line managers through the process
• Serve as the point of contact with third party benefits and payroll administrator for the Sao Paulo office, spearheading new benefits and initiatives in compliance with local employment law.
Policy & Procedure
• Provide advice and guidance around family friendly policies and procedures
• Define local HR policy, procedure & practice aligned with global policy
• Ensure adherence to all applicable employment law guidelines including federal, state and local
• Proactively make recommendations for improvement based on feedback
• Maintain staff handbook and HR intranet
• Advise and up-skill managers on HR policy, procedures and process
Learning & Development
• Manage the regional appraisal process
• Keep up to date with developments in employment legislation and HR best practice, knowledge sharing within the team to ensure continuous development and improvement in the service provided
• Contribute to execution of talent projects, e.g. talent reviews, succession planning or training programmes
• Design and deliver workshops and training around HR practices, as required
• Ensure all work-related admin is carried out to a high standard and in a timely fashion
• Produce high quality documentation including contracts, letters, presentations and spreadsheets
• Maintain HR files and systems
• Provide data analysis and recommendations as may be required
• Oversee and undertake department projects as directed
• Responsibility for people management for direct reports